Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, has become a book club favourite and is being published internationally.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- Can't wait to join the Get Lit Festival authors in Fort MacLeod, November 16, at the magnificent Empress Theatre.
- ECW Press continues to deliver great audiobooks. Here's how!
- I'm excited that No Good Asking has made the 2019 list of Great Group Reads. Thank you book clubs everywhere.
- I'm thrilled to announce that No Good Asking is being translated in Arabic for publication in Dubai later this year.
- Listen to why Hoopla Digital Book Club has chosen No Good Asking as your next book club read.