Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, is available online and in fine bookstores now.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- Many thanks to the Red Deer Arts Council for this feature in their latest newsletter.
- The Alberta Literary Awards winners have been announced. Delighted to have been one of the finalists.
- No Good Asking is pitched at Shoot the Book! at the Cannes Film Festival.
- So appreciate Angie Abdou's lovely review of No Good Asking on CBC Daybreak.
- Listen to why Hoopla Digital Book Club has chosen No Good Asking as your next book club read.
- No Good Asking is now available as an audio book narrated by the talented Tracey Hoyt and Jonathan Watton.