Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, has become a book club favourite and is being published internationally.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- The very first I READ CANADIAN DAY will be held on Feb. 19, 2020. Learn how you and your community can be involved in this national day of celebration.
- THE SHORE GIRL is now an audiobook, narrated by the fabulous Amanda Barker. Hope you'll choose to take a listen. Available wherever audiobooks are sold.
- How does ECW Press continue to deliver great audiobooks? Here's the inside scoop!
- I'm excited that No Good Asking has made the 2019 list of Great Group Reads. Thank you book clubs everywhere.
- Listen to why Hoopla Digital Book Club has chosen No Good Asking as your next book club read.