Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, is available online and in fine bookstores now.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- It's a Book Club Jamboree at the Red Deer Public Library. Join book lovers and book clubs from all over central Alberta on September 21.
- Rimbey is hosting its first Words West of the 5th Festival on September 28. Can't wait to join in the fun.
- Check out all these great authors at the Fall Feast of Words at the Strathcona Public Library. If you're in the area, please join me on October 3.
- I'm so delighted to be part of STARFest this year on October 22.
- I'm thrilled to announce that No Good Asking is being translated in Arabic for publication in Dubai later this year.
- Listen to why Hoopla Digital Book Club has chosen No Good Asking as your next book club read.