Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, is available online and in fine bookstores now.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- Looking for a writing class? Come join me at the Alexandra Writers Centre Society on August 24 for The Art of Persuasion.
- It's a Book Club Jamboree at the Red Deer Public Library. Join book lovers and book clubs from all over central Alberta on September 21.
- I'm thrilled to announce that No Good Asking is being translated in Arabic for publication in Dubai later this year.
- And in Germany, our release date is September 20. What a pretty cover!
- The Alberta Literary Awards winners have been announced. Delighted to have been one of the finalists.
- Listen to why Hoopla Digital Book Club has chosen No Good Asking as your next book club read.