Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, has become a book club favourite and is published internationally.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's--one one that asks a little from its readers--should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- Congratulations to the winners of the Alberta Literary Awards. We have such amazing writers in this province.
- The ReLit Awards are back to honour the best Canadian books by indie publishers. I’m honoured that NO GOOD ASKING made the 2019 shortlist.
- Congratulations to the 33 amazing writers who made the CBC Short Story Prize longlist.
- Check out this Zoom ABLiT Book Club celebrating Alberta authors. Everyone welcome!
- Hear from some wonderful Alberta authors on the Writers Guild of Alberta YouTube channel.