Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, has become a book club favourite and is being published internationally.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- October is National Reading Group Month in the US. I'm excited that No Good Asking has made the 2019 list of Great Group Reads.
- Check out all these great authors at the Fall Feast of Words at the Strathcona Public Library. If you're in the area, please join me on October 3.
- Book clubs are the best! I'll be joining the Fireside Readers Book Club on October 16, 6:30 pm, at the Red Deer Public Library downtown. All welcome!
- I'm so delighted to be part of STARFest this year on October 22.
- I'm thrilled to announce that No Good Asking is being translated in Arabic for publication in Dubai later this year.
- Listen to why Hoopla Digital Book Club has chosen No Good Asking as your next book club read.