Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, has become a book club favourite and is being published internationally.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- Delighted to be on this list: 15 books by women to get your book club talking
- Check out this new Zoom ABLiT Book Club celebrating Alberta authors. Everyone welcome!
- Be sure to check out Wordfest, which presents an online literary extravaganza featuring 25 authors in 25 events.
- I’m thrilled that No Good Asking, titled Hannahs Gefühl für Glück, will be released in Germany on September 18. Good luck, Hannah, on your overseas debut.
- STARfest has announced its exciting lineup of author events this fall. These events are online, so you can reserve your seat from wherever you are.