Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, is available online and in fine bookstores now.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- Library fans, did you know you can borrow the No Good Asking audio book on Hoopla? Hoopla Digital Book Club has recommended this as your next book club read.
- No Good Asking is now available as an audio book narrated by the talented Tracy Hoyt and Jonathan Watton.
- Delighted to talk about characters, dialogue and movie stars in this Open Book interview.
- It's been fun to return to CBC Daybreak for a chat with Russell Bowers. You can listen to our interview here.
- Just in. A lovely Booklist Review for No Good Asking.
- I'm thrilled to learn that No Good Asking has been chosen as a Book Club read by Canadian Living Magazine.