Fran Kimmel writes and teaches in Central Alberta. Her work has appeared in literary journals across Canada.
Fran's debut novel, The Shore Girl, won the 2013 Alberta Readers’ Choice Award and was selected as a Canada Reads Top 40 book. Her second book, No Good Asking, is available online and in fine bookstores now.
In a literary world that's becoming more akin to Hollywood every day, a book like Kimmel's -- one that asks a little from its readers -- should be held dear.
Rick MacDonnell, Canon Fodder
- No Good Asking has been chosen as a top November pick on Reading Group Choices.
- Get your indie on with these latest and best new books from small publishers.
- No Good Asking hit #1 on the Calgary Fiction Bestseller list in October. Thanks to my old hometown for all the support.
- Delighted to be interviewed for Writer's Block on CJSW 90.9 FM. You can listen to the podcast here.
- I'm thrilled to learn that No Good Asking has been chosen as a Book Club read by Canadian Living Magazine.